Liberia recorded a trade surplus of 23.11 USD Million in April of 2021. source: Central Bank of Liberia

Balance of Trade in Liberia averaged -44.99 USD Million from 2003 until 2021, reaching an all time high of 23.11 USD Million in April of 2021 and a record low of -198 USD Million in January of 2015. This page provides the latest reported value for - Liberia Balance of Trade - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Liberia Balance of Trade - values, historical data and charts - was last updated on July of 2021.

Balance of Trade in Liberia is expected to be -48.93 USD Million by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. Looking forward, we estimate Balance of Trade in Liberia to stand at -48.90 in 12 months time. In the long-term, the Liberia Balance of Trade is projected to trend around -48.90 USD Million in 2022, according to our econometric models.

Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices.

The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data. It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds.

Please Paste this Code in your Website
Liberia Balance of Trade

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
23.11 -3.30 23.11 -198.00 2003 - 2021 USD Million Monthly

Liberia Trade Last Previous Highest Lowest Unit
Balance of Trade 23.11 -3.30 23.11 -198.00 USD Million [+]
Current Account -70.25 -103.40 245.60 -1069.00 USD Million [+]
Current Account to GDP -17.80 -21.40 8.91 -64.70 percent of GDP [+]
Imports 95.79 94.23 219.10 3.40 USD Million [+]
Exports 72.72 90.93 90.93 0.00 USD Million [+]
Remittances 36.86 29.13 174.90 22.58 USD Million [+]
Terrorism Index 0.19 0.11 3.01 0.00 [+]
External Debt 964.22 952.97 1681.92 222.80 USD Million [+]

Liberia Balance of Trade
Liberia’s systemic trade deficit is a result of high imports. Liberia is a net importer of fuel (35 percent of total imports) and machinery (25 percent). The main exports are: rubber (60 percent of total exports), gold, diamonds and iron. Liberia’s main trading partners are the United States, Canada and the Middle East.